PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aer Lingus - Direct Entry Pilot (A320)
View Single Post
Old 15th Feb 2018, 12:18
Anunaki

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It is rather ironic, that a company whose last item in the company values list is "Honesty", can't be honest enough about your performance. I'd argue that after spending a considerable amount of time and money to attend, the least they could do is either let us go or give us a positive answer. At least explain what it is the hold up.
I have a family to feed and need to make a decision ASAP as to what am I going to do, accept a job outside aviation that pays well, in which I have to commit a minimum 6 months or hold on until I get an answer.
I understand your frustration completely, we can all rant here but it will all go back to something I have said before, industry and the airline owe us nothing, and it's pilots fault for selling themselves down the river for years too cheaply. I argued with many guys here over several things, it is good to disagree. I made it to the final and they didn't but now I think it was a blessing in disguise for them, as they didn't have to break the bank at least.
You only "buy at 40%"? good, that's how it should be, it means you're not naive and will questions things.
If your friends never got a response then they either are not telling you the full story or there are flaws with AL processes. We all heard that some guys were hired a few years ago, then couple of weeks after some agency advertised for those jobs and none of the original candidates were taken in. They aren't perfect or totally honest so yes, be sceptical. They owe us nothing but they were the ones who made the promise of a transparent and swift process, you have the right to question then. But also, don't lose your sleep over it, I made peace already and am not frantically checking my phone or emails. That said, never applying to them again as I know its a waste of time and money.