PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Masons In Distress!
View Single Post
Old 15th Feb 2018, 08:54
chuks

I was surprised once to see a friend suddenly sporting a ring showing membership in the Masons. I asked him what was up with that, since we were both young CFIs, somewhat non-serious, and very much non-joiners of anything such as Kiwanis, Rotary International, or the local bowling club.

My friend just shot a sideways glance at the guy behind the counter, the guy who did the rostering, the guy who decided who upgraded, that sort of thing. Oh, yeah ... he was a Mason, as were several others in middle management! So this must have been just one more way to get ahead, for him, something that "could not hurt."

I had already been mobbed up with the Roman Catholic Church as a young man, something I was trying to get over, so that I thought joining the Masons was out for several good reasons, no matter how much it might have improved my chances at that little job. Dating the boss's daughter ditto; I have to eat with these hands.

On a much more serious note, have you all forgotten about "Propaganda Due" in Italy? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Propaganda_Due

Outlaw biker clubs ... don't get me started. There was a recent case here in Germany against a group of Mongols. (The Mongols self-present as one-percenters, bad-ass bikers in competition with the Hells Angels and the Bandidos for control of drugs and prostitution and all that sort of dubious stuff.) It came out in court testimony that only one of the six Mongols on trial actually had a driving license for motorcycles!

There's a start-up German outlaw club for Turks called Osmanen Germania that has flat skipped the "biker" bit, even though some take them for a biker club: https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/4...n-germania-876 You will notice that their Kutten do not have that little square patch reading "MC" for "Motorcycle Club." There's no pretense there of being into biking, which makes a nice change, I suppose.

Last edited by chuks; 15th Feb 2018 at 09:11.