PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dreams
Thread: Dreams
View Single Post
Old 14th Feb 2018, 16:59
Devil 49
"Just a pilot"

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Ascend Charlie
Yes, under wires, looking for a way to get up through them, even when seemingly thousands of feet up in the air.

My brother (also a pilot) has the same dreams.

Also recurrent is being about to fly and being totally unprepared, no maps, not in flight suit, aircraft not preflighted, everyone else knows what is going on but I don't. And then I need a wee but can't find the loo....
Yes, to both. Not having the correct charts, preflight, etc. was set in China, nobody spoke English.

The wire nightmare typically starts after I dream I've arrived at an HEMS scene, the crew have loaded the patient and I am preparing to depart. I realize I can't go out the way I came in, wires that I somehow missed on the high recon and approach. I see a better path a little farther down the LZ, I hover over, even more wires. Repeats until I wake up.
Or, I'll be landing/departing and wires are everywhere (the wires themselves are easily visible near and far- definitely a dream), I try try to thread my way through.

Here's another specific to HEMS, dispatched by phone at night: I'll be sound asleep, dream the phone rings... Sometimes I just wake up, sometimes I fully awaken and put my boots on before I realize I dreamed the dispatch call.

Retired a year and a half ago, no dreams after the first year.