PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Best and Worst Airline in China
View Single Post
Old 14th Feb 2018, 01:08
joe falchetto 64

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by spyeye69
Thanks gyro3 and Joe.

Any insights of the training?eg,line training,base check,line check…etc

Is the company punitive in nature or do they adopt an open culture towards training and daily operations?

I'm from a South East Asia country with about 2000hrs on the A320 as a Captain. Wondering if this move to China will be worth it?
Starting from the last question: nobody can tell you if it is worth. You should consider your attitude, pros and cons carefully.
Bear in mind that in my opinion any airline in Shanghai won't be the right choice if your gol is making money the fastest you can: contracts are generally lower and life is expensive. Been there done that. To understand better, where I am now, smaller airline in second tier city in China, the 6/3 commuting contract has the same monthly base pay as the Juneyao resident contract but bonuses are higher and I have reimbursement for medical insurance and loss of license insurance.
Juneyao applies strictly the punishment rules that are in force almost everywhere in China: that said, on the other side they won't fire anybody except in very selected cases. The length of training depends on the circumstances: if company doesn't need captains to fill in the gap, training can be painfully long, and you will be stacked at training pay; if they need captains fast, in three months you will be released in line. Juneyao is one of the easier airline when it comes to checking : where I am just recently two captains willing to join from Juneyao have failed the sim.
All in all it is an average gig with usual pros and cons: your priorities dictate the choice.