PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Japan (AJX) B767
View Single Post
Old 14th Feb 2018, 00:56
jrmyl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by eddiet
Hi guys,

Spent 2 days reading through most of the pages here and have a few questions. Are layovers always minimum rest (or 24 hours whichever shorter) or are there any longer layover periods depending on destination?

I understand that you do not have to pay Japanese tax as you are not employed by a Japanese company. I'm assuming that you would be considered employed by the contract agency? Pls correct me if I'm wrong.
Coming from a country where we are not taxed on foreign sourced income, does that mean I don't pay tax? or do I have to pay tax for the country the agency is registered?

Thanks in advance for any info! Cheers
Layovers are generally of the shorter duration. Usually the max is 24 hours. Right now we only have 1 that I can think of that is longer. There is a seasonal reduction in flights to Chengdu so on occasion you will have 2 full days there. I have never had it though.

As far as tax, no one on here can answer that question. You will need to talk to someone in your country who does taxes to find out. We are employed by the agency as that is where our paycheck comes from. It is your responsibility to make sure taxes are paid to your country if necessary. For US pilots Crew withholds federal taxes.