PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Scared of Flying?
View Single Post
Old 14th Feb 2018, 00:18
Davita

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Tankertrashnav
1. Goodness, I'd have thought they'd have busy enough flying the aircraft without starting to get undressed as well!

(Don't worry, I know what you meant )

2. Many a happy hour on the terrace of the old Carlton hotel with a G & T watching the approach via the checkerboard. Convair 880s and Boeing 707s in those days
1. I was waiting to see who would understand that quote as our pants were generally soiled (3-man crew team effort)...you are the only one
2. In those CV880/B707 days after-flight crew would often be in the aero-club garden (corner of the airport) drinking cold Sam-Migs .... and hold out numbered boards to show their appreciation of the approach/landing, especially on a x-wind day. The pilots would see them as they taxied back to the arrival gates.

I lived in a high-rise apartment that had the view directly over the KG5 sports park and also the checker-board clearly ahead.
My dad visited from cold UK and, when I was away on a trip, I'd give him paper and pencil to record all the flight arrivals/delays according to the newspaper's schedule arrival times, and take pictures of aircraft too high or too low. At age 75 he had never previously flown until this trip and never had an interest in aviation..... but was now like a kid with his new-found hobby.

Last edited by Davita; 14th Feb 2018 at 00:55.