PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Things to ponder when considering EK
View Single Post
Old 13th Feb 2018, 22:45
_HAMMER_

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello guys, thank you for answering.

You are right, and this is something I'm actually aware of. It would be a lot easier to get the EASA license before the tour to the ME. Unfortunately, I'm not in EU, I don't have the money to pay for it, and I will never save it where I am. I can barely save enough to go to the screenings after months of work.

You realise you are bonded in EK for five years as an FO. And then bonded again as a captain? You only plan to stay 3 years? That is going to cost you $$$$
The plan is to stay as long as I can to save money, learn and enjoy from the experience there and jump to EU as an exit strategy. It would be better if I can make it to 5 years and get the upgrade on the popular NG. Or, IF I can get into EK, then maybe I could have a better overall professional experience committed to at least 5 years and see what happens from there. Having EU again as back up plan if things doesn't improve.

You have to be desperate to apply for a job at Emirates. Are you kidding me? Wake up man.
I really get you guys, but staying at home is just not an option. If I had a stable job in US or EU, I would never think about leaving. Over there I might have to deal with days off and night shifts, but where I am, family and income are in danger. Because of situations like mine, these airlines just keep getting pilots.

You will get hired at EK. Don’t worry.
How´s that?

Using PPrune to formulate your decision ? You failed already!
I have no idea how you guys operate there. How it affect family and personal life. I fly mostly day time flights with good WX and plenty of days off. No stress. Which is actually a little boring sometimes. The reason I post here, is one of the ways to get as much information as I can about both jobs to make the best decision I can.

So, since I have to go there anyway, what works best considering operational experience and keeping family happy?