PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Prostate cancer
Thread: Prostate cancer
View Single Post
Old 13th Feb 2018, 10:31
Loose rivets
Psychophysiological entity

Location: Tweet Rob_Benham Famous author. Well, slightly famous.
Received 37 Likes on 18 Posts
Yes, I did not like the sound of the hormone treatment. I opted for just one Brachytherapy and almost literally left it at that. Just sent in the PSA's and got letters to say how delighted he was with the readings. My reading of the man who saved my life was that he never got delighted about anything, but it takes all sorts.

My burden is 'bowel hurry'. I think that's a name he made up. 1 in 500 cases he mentioned casually. Back then that would have made two of us. Tedious, it just sends signals telling me I need to find a loo a bit sharpish. All perfectly normal except for the timing of these rather demanding signals. When I was flying as SLF to Texas fairly regularly, I'd resort to the dreaded Picolax 36 hours before departure. Days, if not weeks, go by perfectly normally but I'm always mindful of loo planning which is a kind of flight planning in reverse.

Having said all this, I'm not totally sure there's not an allergic reaction issue involved since I suspect gluten/wheat of being the main cause of back pain for many years. That's pretty solid science now and the back surgeon agreed. It would take molecular levels of ?? to cause a reaction. So glad all this didn't happen when I was young.