PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Reputation of Aussie pilots overseas
View Single Post
Old 13th Feb 2018, 06:34
Keg

Nunc est bibendum

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by swh
The best pilots I have worked with knew how to fly, knew their aircraft, and knew the rules. They use the rules to their advantage to get the job done, a lot of the job involves working in the grey area and thinking outside the box.
Agreed.

Originally Posted by swh
Example above with the aircraft showing 200 kg above MTOW on the lower SD display. The data on the lower on the lower SD display is irreverent. The legal requirement is to check the load sheet against the performance data, if the load sheet is legal, you can go. The numbers on the lower SD display can be in error by 1% due to the way fuel volume and properties are measured and converted into mass then added to the ZFW to generate the numbers on the lower SD screen.
Well that would depend on whether I’ve burned all my planned taxi fuel would it not? If the load sheet says you’re going to burn 500kg on taxi depart at MTOW and you’ve only burned 200 are you suggesting you’d depart anyway because hey, errors in the tanks.

Originally Posted by swh
As with the BA crew, I would have done exactly as they did.....
Broadcast your intention to accept greater than the certified limit?

Again, I’ve no qualms with them having a go at the approach and I only have my suspicions as to what actually occurred at 50’. The rest of your post is exactly as I have done in the past and would do again.