PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Prostate cancer
Thread: Prostate cancer
View Single Post
Old 12th Feb 2018, 23:38
Loose rivets
Psychophysiological entity

Location: Tweet Rob_Benham Famous author. Well, slightly famous.
Received 34 Likes on 17 Posts
That really does sound a belt a braces attack on quite a low PSA. The Gleason? 8, if it is Gleason, is made up of two figures. I don't know why my 4+3 was much worse than a 3+4, but it was that, that made my GP change his mind about 'Watchful Waiting'.

The thing about disasters is finding the light side. When I went to Southend for the Volume Studies, I needed to be Picolaxed. If you haven't been Picolaxed you don't know what you've missed.

Lovely nurse looked at me after about an hour and said, Anything happening?

Nope.

Another hour. Anything yet?

Nope

After about three hours the negative answers bought questioning looks between the staff.

Four hours and I trotted off to the single loo in the 8 bed ward. I feared this moment as I'm a fussy git, and hate loos that are below royal standard.

It was immaculate. Even to my 20/20 vision it was spotless. However, there was an abundance of loo rolls that diverted attention from my by now hurried state. Lots of loo rolls. Piled on the window sill so that very little light could enter. Piled on the top of the cistern. In piles on the floor so that one could not help kicking them asunder. Seated, one did not need armrests as one's elbows were supported by loo rolls. Somehow in this strange moment, I found this funny. Very, very funny.

There's something unique in the human psyche that lets humour soften the brickbats. Being helpless with laughter while Picolaxed is something that is beyond the sternest tests of self control, though it has to be said that one augmented the efficacy of the other.