PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Reputation of Aussie pilots overseas
View Single Post
Old 12th Feb 2018, 20:01
Keg

Nunc est bibendum

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by B772
Keg;
Re VH-OJH 02/07/03 at SYD. 18 kt T/W component (FMC) down to 100 ft, 11 kt T/W component on touchdown. Tower reported 13 kt T/W component. No idle reverse thrust from 136 kts and manual braking to reduce speed to 10 kts at taxiway G turnoff. If idle reverse thrust had not been de-selected and/or next exit taken the brake fires and resulting comedy at the 'gate' would not have occurred. The ATSB Investigation Report in my opinion was generous to QF.
Sure. A bunch of errors and the holes lined up. How is this relevant to an airline professing over VHF they’d willingly exceed limits?

Is expressing surprise that a carrier would publish over VHF their willingness to exceed certified limits making a mountain out of a mole hill Haughtney? Maybe they did get a 7 knot overshoot ‘approaching the flare’ and landed within certified limits. The fact they broadcasted that they were prepared to accept more? That’s making a mountain out of a mole hill? Again, if that makes me an Austronaught then guilty as charged.

Anyway, I’ve made that point a few times. On to other things that make Aussies Austronaughts. Adhering to speed limits? Adhering to altitude constraints? Adhering to weight limits and flight control limit speeds?

Last edited by Keg; 12th Feb 2018 at 20:14.