PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Reputation of Aussie pilots overseas
View Single Post
Old 12th Feb 2018, 19:22
haughtney1

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Wow, that escalated quickly..as Ron would say.

Keg, like many on here I read with interest your observations and comments, and whilst I accept completely what you’ve said in terms of the radio conversations, I find your inference somewhat unbecoming that the BA crew would merrily operate deliberately outside the certified envelope. We often forget the cultural element along with the inherent level of cynicism that exists relating to all things Ozzie from a Brit perspective, it’s not too difficult to imagine the conversation going along the lines of “he’s saying it’s 15kts to cover his arse...cos he’s an Ozzie” How do I know? because I’ve heard it said plenty of times by many different nationalities.
Let’s also not be too hasty in condemning the crew you heard given the reported wind and the vagaries of a drifting IRS.
Keg, in a way your comments have proved the point of the OP, making a mountain out of molehill based upon your perception..and inference, it is ostensibly the working definition and example of how austronaughts got their reputation.