PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Scared of Flying?
View Single Post
Old 12th Feb 2018, 13:29
AR1

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Im not sure if knowing a little about flying is a curse or a blessing. I count the runway markers on takeoff, and have done enough SLF to know most of the noises, and in Civ life I travel with work. So 'odd' things make me uncomfortable. Got caught out sat next to the galley at the back of a Northwest A320 and during the climbout one of the trollys came out and hit the other side of the galley with a huge bang. - That woke me up and I was on edge for the duration.
Had a wibble when walking out to an Alitalia MD80 - Id got used to not walking to the plane, and when I got there looking at this thing, I lost my nerve, well almost. I had no choice but to come home and spent 2 hours waiting for the thing to roll onto its back and plummet earthwards.
I never had any issue with climbing into something painted matt green/grey - Misplaced confidence perhaps, but I thought if you were half as good at your job as I was at mine, we were safe

Apart from Helecopters, I genuinly dont like helecopters. I had a 'window full of mountain' moment in the Falklands. Not been in one since.