PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Direct Entry First Officer
View Single Post
Old 10th Feb 2018, 06:01
avi8safely

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks, gentlemen.

I know my total time hasn't met CX requirement, but I'm flying 80 hours a month. So I thought I'm gonna be eligible to apply for sooner or later.

About the culture I mentioned, those of you seem to be aware of asian culture whilst others doesn't have an idea of what it is.
I totally agree that right assertion is an essential part for flight safety and I gotta say something I have to say in the cockpit. But the thing is that culture can't always come before flight safety unfortunately and I think this is oriented from air force as ex-air force pilots make a large portion of airline industry.

I might be defending myself but these are some practices of culture in my country.

FO should show up and examine all the plans, wx and notams before captain comes.
FO should walk behind or at least half step behind captain.
FO should introduce him/herself before flight if it's the first flight with captain.
FO should wear a coat if captain shows up with coat on in winter times and shouldn't wear if captain doesn't.
FO should ask captain what time he/she’s gonna have breakfast next morning on layover flight (so that FO will have breakfast with captain not to make the captain eat alone.)
FO shouldn't turn his/her map or chart light on brighter than captain's.
and many more...

One day at night flight, a captain told me that I'm rude because I didn't turn my map light towards him when he was reading weight and balance sheet.

I love flying and it's why I chose this job. But this culture issues make my job difficult.

Last edited by avi8safely; 10th Feb 2018 at 18:04.