PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Reputation of Aussie pilots overseas
View Single Post
Old 10th Feb 2018, 03:51
Fratemate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ah, 20.7.1B other than paragraph 12, replicates the whole part of Part 25 Subpart B. There is no additional criteria applied for Dunnunda, it is respecified, but it is consistent with both FAR25 and CS25, 25.101 through 25.125. Paragraph 12 is consistent with the obstacle analysis, splay criteria etc, that is covered in 121.177, 121.189, 135.367, 135.379, and 135.398, as well as other areas such as AC120.91.
Whilst technically correct (probably, I really can't be arsed to find out or even attempt to look) THIS is the sort of stuff that earns us such a bad reputation. For God's sake, get a life and stop arguing about absolute f*#kin trivia.

We've got a couple where I work and they do give the rest of us a bad name. One, in particular is a loud and vocal arse who knows everything about everything and has managed to piss countless FOs (and some captains) off by criticising them when they don't do the 'little extras' he likes to see, because "that's the way we did it in Ansett". Even though there are plenty of others in the company who have flown for legacy carriers, with more than two aircraft and a dog, he still insists that AN know FAR more than the likes of UA, BA, AF etc. Even the Australians use the 'Austronaut' monicker with him and it fits perfectly.

I think one of the problems is that we've been brought up in an environment of bureaucratic nonsense and to us the pointless trivia (witness above), while being correct, is to many Australians REALLY important. Unfortunately, most of the rest of the world does not agree and they certainly don't want it pushed down their throats. "Maaaaaaate, you shouldn't do that. In Oz CAO, CAR, blah, blah, blah"