PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Derry/Londonderry 2
View Single Post
Old 9th Feb 2018, 14:28
conorc123

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I had been keeping an eye on their posts throughout the week. From what I've read they are planning on dry leasing their aircraft and are currently in correspondence with 2 leasing companies. However from what I've ascertained they are a husband and wife team with no experience in running an airline. I suspect they are possibly the same guys who are behind the 'save city of derry airport' page and now that interest has started to die out they are using this as a new way of generating publicity. Although I'm in no doubt IrelAir will not take off (pardon the pun) it only goes to show the level of interest in the airport and the desire from the public for new routes with one of their posts alone being shared 1.5 thousand times and nearly 3 thousand comments.

Has anyone heard any word on BMI picking up a route between their morning and afternoon London departures. I remember there was chat around June last year regarding this. It seems like an awful waste having an airplane sitting idle for so long throughout the day. I understand their fares would most likely be extortionate but with the loads they obtain on many of their other routes being so low surely they could fill 25 seats on a UK route and still make a profit?