PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Derry/Londonderry 2
View Single Post
Old 9th Feb 2018, 14:03
A320.b744

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by conorc123
I think it's the airports management that should be question. Gauging from recent social media posts there is clearly a large demand for new services from CODA. I always wonder is it the presence of Ryanair that scare the smaller regional carries into coming in. Is it a case that CODA need to sever ties with ryanair to let a knew carrier pick and choose what routes they want to operate?
As I've said continuously on this thread, Ryanair are quite simply ill-suited for LDY domestic operations. In order to make LDY a sustainable operation, there needs to be frequent links to major UK cities. x3 weekly on a domestic route is simply not good enough for business travellers, and they will opt instead for BFS or BHD. Ryanair axing STN has allowed for a much more convenient and business-friendly operation to commence, and I think the same would happen if Ryanair axed GLA and LPL. If Ryanair want to remain at LDY, they should look instead at the leisure market, where their business model is better suited.

Originally Posted by Amelia Earhart
A post on this thread on 29th January (which has since disappeared) mentioned a Facebook page about "Irelair Ltd" who are supposed interested in CODA.

I have no further details other than what the Facebook page states but there is a company registration of the same name.
I severely doubt anything will come of this The lack of any information about this project from the airport management puts the authenticity of this in doubt, as well as the completely unprofessional way in which it seems to be run. Also, the name 'Irelair' is simply awful.