PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Where do I put my mum?
View Single Post
Old 23rd Sep 2003, 21:20
Penguina

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi all,

My mum was fine; however, no point hiding the fact that my arrival was not the elegant and impressive one I would have hoped to impress the olds with. IE, boing boing boing (******, keep thinking it's a 152 not a 172) 'going around'... Very embarrassing, lesson booked to brush-up...

That aside, it was a lovely flight on the way over that they thoroughly enjoyed. Mum chose to go in the back both ways and said afterwards that each time she was nervous on take-off and for the first 10 minutes or so, but then relaxed and really enjoyed it. She claimed it was to let my Dad enjoy the front, but I'm sceptical! And her first question was 'how do I get out in an emergency then?' Predictable!

I showed her their home town and we saw gran's cottage from 1500ft, which thrilled them. Dad got lots of pleasure in recognising features in a route he's driven so often and they both thought the coast looks beautiful.

Worsening viz made the flight home much harder work, but they were very (very ) helpful in pointing out landmarks for me!

Judging from this, the back's better for my mum, but every pax is different...

Some very interesting replies to this thread, thank you very much!

P

Oh, and Pink, congratulations on the Met - that one took me longest to study for too.