PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK MFTS on or off the rails?
View Single Post
Old 8th Feb 2018, 15:17
TorqueOfTheDevil

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by [email protected]
TOTD - perhaps you should ask around the grown-ups at Shawbury to find out that what I describe regarding A2s and superivison was exactly what happened at Shawbury under DHFS for many years - the gradual depletion of the number of A2s was not intentional but happened because fewer QHIs wanted the nause of doing the upgrade.

Are you seeing any students training on the Juno? Oh no, that will be the staff being converted onto type which will be a completely different syllabus from the main Shawbury course - that is what I mean about no syllabus, the one for the main course is AWOL.

You might be interested to know that Bristow are struggling financially and the UKSAR contract is the only thing keeping them profitable - despite this they are pushing hard to cut costs within SAR so it certainly isn't all sweetness and light there.
Crap - it has just dawned on me that the place was doing fine until I arrived, and then the rot seems to have set in. Could you remind us, Your Maj, when you were last on the staff of DHFS, and how many of the DHFS flying units you have served on?

Of course there aren't any ab initio students flying Juno/Jupiter just yet - the contract to do that doesn't start until April. Until then, Ascent are perfectly entitled to be training staff and fettling what they do. Even in April, only one of their six squadrons will receive students. And why should they publish their syllabuses? Have the military ever done that? Have other commerical training ventures?

I'm not really that interested in Bristow's financial situation, as it wasn't the commercial aspects of their operation about which you were so derisory, was it?