PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Use of "minimum fuel" In UK airspace
View Single Post
Old 8th Feb 2018, 06:28
C.M

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by KKoran
You are essentially saying you want to be handled as an emergency without declaring an emergency. A minimum fuel advisory serves a purpose--letting ATC know that a plane cannot accept additional delays.
No that is not what i am saying . You need not be in emergency to be given priority at least in places that are not packed with traffic.
Im saying that in UK airspace it seems you have to refrain from using ''minimum fuel'' , accept whatever delay you may be given and if that delay results in landing with less than FRF , then you will be given priority based on the fact that you have declared a mayday . SO no que skipping unless in actual emergency.

In less busy areas ( outside of UK ) i have at least witnessed twice the ''minimum" fuel declaration been treated as priority (not emergency priority ) . In one occasion we decreased speed to minimum clean while the other guy arriving from opposite direction made a quick arrival and landed .By the time he was on late final we were overhead joining the outbound leg so no harm done .

My question was : Would there be cases in the UK where if traffic is not that much were the controller would actually not force you to accept a delay that gets you burning your FRF , and assist you in a clearance that lands you on time and could see use of ''minimum fuel'' declaration instead..