PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EC120 12 year
Thread: EC120 12 year
View Single Post
Old 8th Feb 2018, 00:06
MannyB206

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by heliturbo
in january 2017 I bought a 2004 Ec120 with close to 3000tt
got the 12 year inspection done in Montréal by a shop, referred by Airbus ,who has done quite a few, for Under 400 hours and less than 30k in parts, fortunately all AD were done and no big issues came up, no corrosion, a few cracks on the engine compartment, alos the turbine had reached its limit, so it was out to TurboMeca in the US, 250k and over 3 months it came back as good as new, zero time with full mfg warranty, they loaned me a turbine in the meantime.
I could not be happier, after 800 hours on a RavenII, its a totally different machine, and I agree it cannot be compared to a Robinson, be it a 44 or a 66.
I now have over 100 hour of operation in 6 months without the smallest snags or issues...just pure pleasure and safety.

my total cost is well Under the price of a new 66, but I have years, if not décades of pleasure, it will survive me for sure, the 505, as equipped is well over 1,5mm us, well above a reasonnable used 120....and definitely not the same, although they are manufactured here in Montréal.
Hi there, which shop in Montreal did the job? is your EC120 red by any chance... in the St. Hubert area?