PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Mauritius - all you need to know about MK (threads merged)
Old 7th Feb 2018, 16:54
Vspeeds

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
re: Assessment

Originally Posted by Yeah
Hi Guys.
First of all, communication with a company is a hassle. I was really struggling to get some information about tickets, assessment, documentation. It's a nightmare, I exchanged more than 30 emails to set up my interview.

Interview it's quite straight forward. Aviation knowledge is similar to QR database. I'm not telling it was easy, you need to be prepared. It will be easier for some young folks straight after school that for old wolves. I think was 60 questions, time wasn't really the factor. Then you have some questions on paper from psychologist. After that 30-50 mins conversation with psychologist.
Next stage is a panel interview with training department. CRM questions, some systems I think, but mostly pressing for CRM and something about your background.
I passed all the stages but there were quite big percentage people who failed. I was honest and straight forward. At this stage they proposing you contract. There is a draft but is so unclear that I got few questions. We sat with group and we deduced that you can have 2000€ or 4000€ around. It depends how you read this what they gave you. I send email straight after interview with questions they told me that they will reply after interview before sim. I was waiting 1 month to get sim date. Finally I got it but still I don't have an answer about contract.
Company looks nice, people are nice, living in Mauritius can make feel you trapped I believe after short time but is a proper country with very nice areas. But this communication problems, not offering straight forward conditions, it will loose them... they will need pilots soon when A350 will come, but I can bet that with this attitude they'll really will struggle with finding Pilots. I would like to join company but I can't wait 3-4 months for decisions and having screening process for 2 months.

Good luck guys.
Hi all,

Would anybody kindly like to share their experience with Air Mauritius assessment?

What is a QR database?

Gracias!