PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Alternative communication in case of Radio Comms failure ?
Old 7th Feb 2018, 16:01
chevvron

Received 100 Likes on 73 Posts
Originally Posted by C.M
I see you are both from UK. Assuming I was a commercial airline flight inbound for UK what ATCO facility would you have advised me to try to contact by phone to coordinate further actions ? I could search for every number depending on what TMA i was planning to end up to , but it may take a lot of searching. Could there be a single facility /number i could call that would forward me in turn to the interested party ?
Many years ago the PTT circuit of one of our yokes got stuck thus transmitting continually and without being able to receive anything . Thankfully it was a short flight to a quiet destination and it occurred 20 miles from the destination. But it could have happened just after take off inbound somewhere far away in a very busy airspace .
In that scenario, I would suggest you phone the FBO or handling agent at your destination and get them to find a number to call, there being no 'centralised' number.