PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Edinburgh-3
Thread: Edinburgh-3
View Single Post
Old 7th Feb 2018, 13:53
Rob Royston

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Living in the Glasgow area gives a traveller three easily accessed airports, so only a fool would not use which one suits him best for each journey plan.
This thread was begun with the parochial GLA/ EDI nonsense that has left us without one large Central Airport and left us instead with two inadequate City Airports and a huge coastal airport that, while a national asset, will always be a limited passenger's choice.

European carriers were very flexible with me when l travelled overseas a lot, letting me fly out from one airport and back to the other on the same ticket and price, but I spent many long waits sitting in the likes of CDG because my overnight was late and I missed the only early connection home.
I had plenty of time to work out that one Central Airport would have flights to all the hubs on a frequent basis.
I could see that the suggested site at Airth could not be better placed as a transport hub for all of Scotland, motorways and railways already on the doorstep. Dundee, Glasgow, Edinburgh and Prestwick could all be shut down, but I suppose that doing that would take away too many sinecures, and after all it's only working travellers who suffer.

Last edited by Rob Royston; 7th Feb 2018 at 14:47.