PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What's New In W. Africa (Nigeria)
View Single Post
Old 7th Feb 2018, 11:14
SASless

Received 518 Likes on 216 Posts
This is the Chuks I so fondly remember....and the wonderful sources for his amusement and play.

At Warri, we had the "Chief Pilot for A Day" Game which was also called "How to Cause a General Strike" in the booklet form.

Then we had the rostering situation when some Brits decided Non-Brits did not need to PIC's and then managed to roster two of the lesser classes together and discovered their mistake when informed there should be a Ghost Captain discovered in the Cockpit.

Perhaps the real fun was delivering a Bell 412 from Ghana to Lagos after it had been re-registered from an "N" number to the Nigerian Registry. That was interesting as my Nigerian License did not have a 412 Type Rating on it.

My three day sojourn in Accra had morphed into a three week thing when 212Man passed thru with yet another 155 and was kind enough to donate all of his spare cash to fund my lavish life style.

The aircraft had gone through two...not one...but two 1200 hour inspections and needed repairs and upon the South African Engineers at Escravos looking it over....they suggested I not fly it any further.

Yes...the Centre of Excellence as I prefer to call it and not the White Man's Grave despite it claiming many a Life despite the bodies still breathing. Perhaps this was the inspiration for the "Walking Dead"!