PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - US Regional Headhunting
View Single Post
Old 7th Feb 2018, 07:49
bafanguy

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by havick
Looks like they end up at one of their regionals, doesn’t look like a flow agreement like AA.
havick,

I guess you'd have to see the fine print on this deal. I can't tell from the article precisely what happens beyond interviewing with UAL as a junior, finding one's own way to 1500 hours and then to an affiliated regional.

These three paragraphs with bolded statements have the ring of a flow but with undefined criteria beyond the regional level. UAL seems to be bypassing the regional interview process but after that, I can't tell what's what. "Your first and only United interview" has a certain implied definition to it:

“The ‘career path program,’ which is being unveiled Tuesday, will create a means for flight officer students at Metro to interview with United as undergraduates, and — if accepted — follow a defined track to one of United’s regional partner airlines.”

“After meeting flight time requirements there, participants can move on to waiting jobs in United cockpits, all within five or seven years of graduation. “

“And I think the real key is … when you do your interview with us when you’re a junior in college, you have done your last United interview. Your first and only United interview.”