PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Southend-2
Thread: Southend-2
View Single Post
Old 7th Feb 2018, 07:26
bigjim99

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I beg to differ, must be costing STK a fortune to run their routes. Something will have to give one day!

Surely it would make sense to look to convert MAN/GLA/GRQ/RNS into AT46 routes?

Whilst fuel costs will be similar to a AT76, leasing/purchase will be 30% cheaper (I expect they've got EI-GEV a lump cheaper again as it had been sat around for a while). SEN base still relies to a certain extent on crew from DUB/ORK bases all of which adds further costs, to reduce CC to 1 would be helpful.

At least figures would show good loads, one of a more successful airport. Not only that they'd not be throwing a shed load of money down the drain each flight and actually stand a chance of brining something in.

Why MAN/GLA were chosen over BHD/EDI from the outside seems madness. Seemed more than enough trade to BHD/EDI to support ATR operations when EZY operated them or are there restrictions with BE on these routes?

Quite what they are going to do with the full compliment of E-jets I don't know. Would probably make more sense to try and persuade EI to let them operate a number of them under the EIR banner.