PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Southampton-2
Thread: Southampton-2
View Single Post
Old 6th Feb 2018, 13:12
Rivet Joint

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SWBKCB
Not to go over old ground but this is a very telling article. Clearly this was a meeting of local stake holders to discuss what they were were doing to boost the local economy. I can confirm that pretty much all the plans that the other stake holders tak about have not only started to be built, but in most cases have long since been completed. Meanwhile, all (yes ALL) of the stuff the long in the tooth MD spouts has never seen the light of day. Bearing in mind this article is nearly 4 years old, SOU was suppose to see £30m of investment by now? Apparently a new master plan was due in two years (from 2014) but 2016 has been and gone? Let's not forget that this is coming from the horses mouth, not some rumours in the press. Direct from the MD whilst stood in front of all the key stake holders in the local area. I suppose it would be wrong for me to say that they were nothing more than bare faced lies but how else would you explain such a bullish assessment and 0% follow through? Pretty damning in my opinion.

Incidentally, I see AGS airports has a new chief executive but he will also be MD of Glasgow. I hope this does not mean investment will be skewed towards Glasgow but the best thing he could do for SOU is get some new blood in charge.

In respect of BM, pretty sure they go down to a single rotation over a large part of December so that will need to be taken into account. The Brussels route would be a good move for them. It was successful for a long time but suffered when it went down to a single rotation a day. Judging by the response on SOUs Facebook page there are still a lot of people that would use it.