PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Maurice Kirk is in Africa
View Single Post
Old 6th Feb 2018, 09:10
clareprop

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts
Jay Sata - that's about the clearest explanation I've seen. It's very difficult to comprehend the story from Mr Kirk's numerous website and Facebook dissertations.

I suppose the points arising are:

1. I doubt he was sectioned for 'insanity' which is really only a legal term. There's a large menu of disorders to choose from including: schizophrenia, depression, bipolar disorder, personality disorder etc. If he was detained under a Section 2 or 3, it wouldn't have just been the person Kirk was harassing, it takes three professionals to section someone - none of them police. If it was a section 4, only one doc is required but Kirk would only receive treatment for 72hrs before he must be released.
2. Even if he was suffering from a sectionable disorder , at some point he would recover due to time or medication and that is when he would be released following an examination.

I think any reasonable person reading his various essay's would conclude that they are written in a style of someone who has a problem. This conclusion would possibly be confirmed by the fact he was given plenty of warnings to stop his harassment activity but didn't and therefore has to face the punishment.

Others have asked if it is fair to comment on him here? I think so because he has commented on PPRuNe, published his grievances on his website and Facebook and of course, he is a pilot.