PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Reputation of Aussie pilots overseas
View Single Post
Old 6th Feb 2018, 09:07
Consol

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Derfred
In my airline, crossing a lit stop bar must never occur under any circumstances. Maybe that makes my airline an “Austro-airline”.....

I’m also pretty sure there is no way Australian ATC would ask me to. Maybe that makes them “Austro-ATC”.....

In any case, if I decided to cross one, there is no way my F/O would let me, so we are obviously inundated with “Austro-F/O’s”....

It’s a wonder we ever get airborne... :j
My point was just why he was so worked up on air when a simple query would have done the job, no one is suggesting ignoring stop bars. (It was on a ramp not to a runway). Most of us don't feel the need to call out LHR ATC loudly over the air as they are rather good at their job.

However since we have thread drifted imagine yourself on a CAVOK and well controlled airport with no conflicting traffic and the red bars from one taxiway to another are on.
Do you,

A, check and receive an assurance from ATC that the bars are inoperative stuck on and that you may procede which you then do after double checking carefully?

B, receive the same but refuse to cross them until you have run out of duty hours/used up flight plan fuel?

I'd be an A man myself. Looking forward to replies about shocking disregard for safety.