PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Why does CASA allow twin engine ETOPS operation at all?
Old 6th Feb 2018, 08:42
Derfred

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Dick Smith
Thanks Curtain. Personally I have always been comfortable with the decisions made internationally in relation to certification standards.

That’s why I was instrumental in the introduction of CAA acceptance of first of type from the five leading countries.

The problem I have is with 9a of the act. It would be great to have the act reflect what CASA often does in practice.
Agreed, Dick,

And as I said in my earlier post, an ETOPS/EDTO challenge is not the appropriate argument to support your problem with 9a.

You need to come up with a better one. The ETOPS/EDTO argument can be shot out of water. Surely you can find something better for your 9a challenge.

If I was looking for one, I’d be looking for an example of significant reduction of important services to rural communities caused by CASA’s apparent adherence to 9a with undue cost/benefit. That would get community support, raise headlines, and ruffle CASA and Government feathers. Isn’t that what you’re after?

Regards, Fred

Last edited by Derfred; 6th Feb 2018 at 08:59.