PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LFLB new requirement
View Single Post
Old 6th Feb 2018, 06:11
chr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
one more doubt . Regarding to what AIP is saying point 20.5 if I'm planning to fly there in jet but private ops (non-commercial) and the aircraft is certified for less than 19 pax those requirements doesn't comply for me , so do I need training in FSTD also if planning to land in less thank 3500ft/5 km ?

20.5 SPECIAL OPERATING REQUIREMENTS
These requirements are applicable to :
- all commercial purpose airplanes operators
and
- all non-commercial purpose airplanes operators having a maximum certified passenger seating capacity above 19, crew seats excepted.[/B]
20.5.1 Operating conditions
These requirements are Due to mountainous terrain in the vicinity of Chambéry airport, it is considered essential that pilots are well familiar with approach, missed approach, circling manoeuvres, and departure procedures.

Therefore, concerned operators have to set specific operational instructions for the use of Chambéry airport as well as provisions for their pilots training.
The responsibility for the preparation of such information rests on the operator (or pilot-in-command for non-commercial flights).
The design of any departure contingency procedure is the responsibility of the operator/pilot-in-command.
20.5.2 Airport knowledge
A briefing about procedures intended for use is mandatory for captains and pilots to whom the flight can be delegated.
Instruction in a suitable flight simulator (FSTD) or training in VMC on site is required before night opeations and operations in weather conditions of less than 3500 feet of ceiling and 5000 metres of visiblity.
Note : all operators and pilots must be able to prove that they comply with the above requirements. The application of these provisions will be subject to verifications during ramp inspections.