PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Robinson Safety Courses
View Single Post
Old 23rd Sep 2003, 09:45
Lu Zuckerman

Iconoclast

Location: The home of Dudley Dooright-Where the lead dog is the only one that gets a change of scenery.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up WD-40 argument continues.

To: headsethair

Here is their response: the FAA has not approved WD-40 for any use and we don't recommend WD-40 on the rotor blades due to the unknown effects.
This says it all. The WD-40 Company indicates that the FAA has not approved the use of WD-40 on any aircraft and the WD-40 Company specifically states that they would not want it to be used on rotorblades specifically because of the unknown effects.

I indicated previously that if Robinson were approved to use it as Pat Cox specified then I would shut up. It seems that from what the WD-40 Company indicated Robinson never contacted them for approval to use WD-40 in the manner in which was indicated in the safety course and if they were they would answer in the negative to the request.

Regarding my contacting the WD-40 Company I do this a lot in my work. I am a Reliability, Maintainability, and Systems Safety engineer and I have worked on many major helicopter programs and on commercial and military aircraft as well. If something doesn't look right I will contact the manufacturer which is what I did in this case.

I don't have to contact Robinson to tell them of my findings. I tried that in 1995 and they told me to piss off. You on the other hand as a dedicated user of Robinson products CAN contact them.

Last edited by Lu Zuckerman; 23rd Sep 2003 at 21:20.