PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Direct Entry Pilot.
View Single Post
Old 5th Feb 2018, 13:24
Icanseeclearly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rex,

I understand why you are peeved, I too was only given the choice of SH and joined almost exactly 3 years ago, 9 months later people from my previous company with no jet experience were streamed straight onto LH.

That said we both knew we were to be frozen SH for 5 years so I have no beef about it.

I am now at 40% seniority, one of my friends who went LH is still in the 90% bracket and my pattern of work as a commuter is far superior to his (note - pattern of work, we most definitely work harder but I get more days at home)

With the implementation of JSS and the ability to request working patterns I believe senior SH will be far better placed than junior LH to create and be awarded rosters that work for the , so much so I am seriously considering not bidding for LH this year (for the same reason will not be bidding for command) so I think it’s wait and see time.

From what I understand (from someone in the know) regarding those who had their freeze waived this year, most if not all will get the move but there may be a small number who are refrozen (by no means a given)

Don’t know anything about the FPP courses but if it means more DEPs then we will be working less...

LH will come if that’s really what you want just need to wait, there’s worse places to be - honest.