PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Employer Engagement Waffle---Whohooo
View Single Post
Old 5th Feb 2018, 07:50
joblow

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The truly sad thing is and it seems that this mis-management team cannot or don’t wish to acknowledge it., is the loss of experience that goes with every senior capt’s departure .
This does not stop with Capt’s , it goes with most of the F.O’s. As well , [no sleight intended for the S.Os ]
an airline cannot sustain a mass experience loss of this magnitude , especially on some of the routes we fly , ULH , heavy freighters on back of the clock operations , bad weather, snow , ice storms , . There are times when experience is the only friend you have and that comes from thousands of hours in the cockpit .
I used to care , I cared about ON time departure , I cared about passenger comfort, I cared about saving fuel. I cared about going the extra mile . I cared enough to use discretion until I was short changed on allowances for about the tenth time [ I know slow learner ]
Now the only thing I care about are my family ,days off , and how much I’m getting paid plus overtime . There is no fuel reduction, no discretion ,no optimum level , no rush for on time departure. In fact life is just so much more relaxed when you don’t give a cr-p

Last edited by joblow; 5th Feb 2018 at 08:03.