PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Reputation of Aussie pilots overseas
View Single Post
Old 4th Feb 2018, 19:28
RodH

Received 21 Likes on 5 Posts
An Observation

I had the privilege of working for an overseas Airline for a year after the 1989 debacle. After that I was very fortunate to land a job as a Flight Instructor with one of the two major Aircraft Manufacturers and thus spent quite a lot of time instructing and Examining Pilots from Airlines all over the world. It was not until I had spent quite a bit of time doing this that I realised just what a pack of w..k.rs most of the Ansett Check Pilots were . There were some very good ones but there sure were lots of those who thought they were the worlds best. Its not until you actually fly with the other pilots from around the world you realise just how wrong they were. There was an inbuilt " I am the greatest " within the " hierarchy " of the Ansett Flight Dept. in the late 70's to the eighties. These idiots truly believed they were so good. I even knew one who used to walk around with a baseball cap on with the words " Sherriff " on it. It was pitiful to see these blokes join Airlines and try to change things to be the Ansett way as this was obviously the best in the world ---WRONG . The best way to describe these fools is that " They paint 4 stripes on their dicks and pull rank all day ". They really were a " sorry Lot " . This is the way I saw it first hand and from one who did work amongst very many different Airlines Pilots.