PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Latest Act of Desperation
View Single Post
Old 4th Feb 2018, 11:46
bafanguy

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by mngmt mole
None of us (you either) know what will happen, but my money is on a change of visa category for qualified foreign pilots. It HAS happened in the past btw, so how can you be so sure it won't again?
MM,

Please refresh my memory on this event in US airline history. They've always hired green card holders...and are doing that to this very day. As a new F/E in the early 70s at a US legacy, I flew with a Norwegian. We also had other nationalities on the list. Nothing new about that.

As for current talks between US government and airlines, I'm only aware of what has transpired in relation to the USAF's pilot shortfall. They've talked with the airlines in some government setting but the airlines themselves have said VERY little as far as I know. The talks appear to have largely centered on the USAF's problems...not the airlines.

I've posted many articles in this thread. The airlines themselves have been largely silent on the subject:

FAA may reduce required flight time for commercial co-pilots.

I'll bet there is LOTS of talk going on behind the curtain these days but at this point, we're all just the Blind Men and the Elephant.

Last edited by bafanguy; 4th Feb 2018 at 12:18.