PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair-10
Thread: Ryanair-10
View Single Post
Old 4th Feb 2018, 11:38
DublinPole

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by CCGE29
Perhaps Ireland needs a proper regulator then the UK CAA won't need to get involved.
Perhaps the UK need a proper regulator that regulates it's own airlines and holds them to the standards and the rules and regulations in the same way that they seem to require other foreign airlines to?

You will remember that last year that CAA took action against Ryanair in relation to cancellation of flights and were very heavy handed with them and said that Ryanair would need to take certain actions or face further action.

Well I had two similar issues with another carrier in the past for flights out of the UK with a UK airline and the CAA couldn't be less helpful and were not really interested in anything like the same teeth that they went after Ryanair with, they seem completely disinterested.

They did tell me however they appreciate my concerns and that they have 'written' to all UK airlines and asked them to reply indicating if they are complying with all the relevant compensation regulations - I'm sure that every single airline they wrote to were EXTREMELY stressed by such request - I mean why regulate UK airlines when you can just take their word for it?

I'm still waiting for them to take the same enforcement action against their own airline to force them to give me the compensation I am entitled to, but since they are a UK airline, it seems that the CAA have suddenly had all their teeth removed in enforcing the regulations they were so loud about only a few months ago.....