PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EZY - Lay off the ATC please
View Single Post
Old 23rd Sep 2003, 06:08
av8boy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm not making a comment on the merits of runway choice based on operational requirements. Just wondering, what if ou Trek dronkie had stopped at: "Can someone tell me why EZY out of CIA like to blame the Rome ACC for ”delays” caused when they ask for a non-standard departure ?"

Admittedly, I didn't look carefully at the rest of the posting before I was put in mind of similar experiences elsewhere. For instance, enroute to my father's funeral I found myself in the coach section of a major US carrier waiting to depart an airport with which I was very familiar. The crew undertook to make some choices which guaranteed less-than-expeditious handling, then, as we sat and waited our turn, informed the passengers that the delay was because "ATC is just especially slow today."

Subsequently I was able to listen to the ATC tapes related to the period in question and found that it was not an ATC-induced delay at all. Granted I did not bash (and still have no interest in getting my pound of flesh out of) the carrier, but this kind of thing obviously happens.

I'm looking to avoid a flame war and get some input on this issue. Thoughts?

Dave