PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - JET AVIATION (GDY) - Self Funding T/R
View Single Post
Old 4th Feb 2018, 07:50
uberwang

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A bond means nothing.. I’ve never heard of anyone having to pay anything back if they leave early because of a bond... and as far as paying goes, how do people still not understand this...? The owners say they want typed people and don’t want to pay ratings... why on earth would Jetaviation then “invest” 50,000 grand plus out of their own pockets? Especially for an asset that can leave when he or she wants to? Those days are gone and while it sucks, it makes sense in the current climate. I know some people that cry over the good old days of simple cellphones... well guess what Nokia brought back the 3310... times will change again...
Originally Posted by returnofthemack
I don't know if Jet Aviation will not make you sign a training bond, I would guess it's safe to say, that they probably would.

The point I was making, was actually not about whether it's attractive for non type rated candidates to apply, but more importantly the fact that a previously respectable company, that Jet Aviation WAS, are now asking it's future employees to pay-to-fly for them. Jet Aviation has now involved themselves in the business of having applicants pay to fly for billionaires, and get a contract.