PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Durham Tees Valley-7
View Single Post
Old 3rd Feb 2018, 17:32
Bishop01

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm sorry but I've got to come on here and put a few things to Mr Robert Ryan, cautious optimist, DTVAirport or what ever username he wants to use today,..
The reason why the second airline was struggling was the outrageous fares they were charging.. I've been screaming for years now at the useless management at DTV to get some other airline in to give them some competition... "and guess what".. more passengers start to use the route not only on the new airline (Loganair) but also on the so called airline that should have a cape and mask in their colour scheme! but what's makes it ironic is they dropped their fares to suit soon as Loganair started.. I personally know a lot of people who work in the offshore industry and they say that Loganair has saved their trip up on the train to Aberdeen as they wouldn't pay Cape and Mask airways fares...

Secondly... you're now saying the terminal was a ghost town? again, I've been commenting on this for years 'which even you pulled me on the subject'.. I think you'll find the pax are still down.. 'just' yes but we've all been saying when's the numbers going to bottom out, and next year doesn't look too good for it either when KLM start to reduce the daily flights is in the summer months... granted a few more airports have the same issue but we cant afford to loose any more flights. 'still'... peel spent a few quid in Ikea of late to make the terminal more attractive to the passengers which they paid for through the £6 fee, and lets not forget some of the painting was done from the slaves of FoDTV...(more money saved) anyway.. so 132K, 1971 pax numbers this year at £6 a pop, wonder where the rest of the money has gone... maybe for a new Kettle for the ATC breaks, which is another issue which I've mentioned on here.. 18 months now this has been going on for, with some breaks being an hour long. Id love to know who they are training up?

and lastly Jestar8.. your rite.. things can be sold on, also they can be leased in and sent back.. but don't upset the peel lovers on here their funny bunch with all their speculation... makes me laugh.