PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Direct Entry Pilot.
View Single Post
Old 3rd Feb 2018, 13:17
RexBanner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by de fumo in flammam
Well, if you can get from home, through the local airport, complete the commuting flight and report to the LHR reporting point, at the report time, all within two hours, then yes, you would have a point.
If we’re going to start nitpicking then all crew, regardless of whether they’re commuters or not should have their activities monitored because apparently every activity inbetween lying in bed and reporting for duty could be construed to be fatiguing. But it’s not in the company’s remit to be policing people’s personal lives. We’re all professional individuals and should be given the right to exercise their judgement as to what constitutes sufficient rest and a stressful commute.

For the record and putting my neck on the line I don’t think I’ve ever had twelve hours rest at base in that case before the first day of a block of work - and neither for that matter has someone driving ninety minutes on the motorway - but not once have I reported to work unfit for duty and the number of ASR’s (absolutely minimal and none in any way related to my performance at work) submitted would seem to bear that out.

It is fortunate then that I commute on another airline most of the time outside of the gaze of over officious and prying eyes.

Last edited by RexBanner; 3rd Feb 2018 at 13:46.