PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Manchester-2
Thread: Manchester-2
View Single Post
Old 3rd Feb 2018, 09:59
SilverCityKid

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Turkish Airlines

In response to #933
I used to travel on THY (as it then was) during the 1980's, mainly on Turkish domestic flights, and they were truly awful, breakfast was a bread roll and a pot of olive paste. It was said that THY stood for 'They Hate You'

However, in Feb 2017 my wife and I travelled MAN/IST/CPT and return on Turkish Airlines Business Class. We were absolutely delighted with the service we received, probably my best Business Class journey ever.
The Business class lounge at Istanbul Attaturk is vast, the biggest that I have ever been in, but still seems to provide what is needed, although they could use more toilets!

The Turkish flights were on-time on all sectors (unlike my previous trip to CPT on BA where we missed our return connection for MAN due to late arrival in LHR.)

One can only speak as one finds but my opinion is that Turkish Airlines with their 3 flights per day to Istanbul are a great asset to Manchester.
When I was travelling regularly to Turkey in the 1980's, leaving on the Swissair SR 841 at around 07.50 hrs (DC-9 / MD-80 / A310) it used to take me all day to get to Istanbul, and even longer to get to Ankara.

No airlines are perfect all of the time by my recent impression was that Turkish Airlines try quite hard to give their passengers a good experience.