PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Manchester-2
Thread: Manchester-2
View Single Post
Old 3rd Feb 2018, 06:01
FFMAN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by LAX_LHR
Turkish Airlines will increase the TK1995/1996 flight from A321 to A330 on Mon/Wed/Fri from 4th June until 14th Sept.

Confirmed and bookable.
Ever wondered why the big birds are on the afternoon flight?...including the regular unscheduled upgrades.....
Here's my theory it's all to do with the shocking performance of arriving connecting flights in the morning at IST. This means you have a very good chance of missing your morning flight to MAN and getting dumped on to the afternoon one. Meaning that the afternoon flight is carrying passengers that wanted to be home several hours previously. I have been the victim of this twice in 12 months.
It wouldn't be so bad if anyone at TK or IST actually gave a flying **** about it (or anything generally in life it seems). A simple shrug of the shoulders is their attitude to customer service.
All hubbing airlines can experience delays and that is accepted but it's how they deal with it that makes the difference.
Star Alliance is supposed to employ a common set of quality standards across it's members. The difference between how (say) LH and TK deal with a late connection is night and day. How they let TK in is beyond me - did they get paid to go easy on them?
I've had enough - I've just sent a note to my travel agent to block any TK options for future trips.
Don't be seduced by their lower than average 'Business Class' offering either. In the narrow body fleet they have those kind of seats that the US carriers used to have in the 1990s. They are usually broken in one way or another. You get what you pay for with TK.
Advice to anyone connecting at IST is generally 'don't' but if the cheap price is important to you, don't book anything with less than a 1-5hr to 2hr connection time. No-one will help you, no-one will care, even if you are in Business Class, even if you are Star Gold.