PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Latest Act of Desperation
View Single Post
Old 3rd Feb 2018, 02:18
iflylow

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Air Profit

Wow, where to start. I know the command course at CX is about how well you can bullsh*t, but outside the Cathay bubble, it can be spotted a mile away. It's painful how ignorant you come across.

So there are secret meetings going on with The Big 3, Southwest, FedEx and Delta with the US Government about hiring foreigners, and your "friend" at an unnamed "major" and you are the only ones who know. Sounds legit.

As I'm sure you're aware, the above airlines have about 70,000 pilots. Let's be conservative and say 50% of of these pilots retire in the next 10 years, or 3,500 pilots a year.

The average compensation these days at these airlines in over 200K, topping out above 400K, with great work rules and retirement, etc. Do you really think they will not be able to find qualified Americans for these positions? Are they that undesirable?

I mean I know, the US has an almost non existent military, a tiny GA scene, and basically zero aviation universities. It's going to be extremely hard for them to recruit 3,500 pilots a year. Where are they going to come from? Thank goodness for CX pilots! Never mind all poorly qualified guys/girls with thousands and thousands of hours of TPIC airline time who have been waiting for years to get called by one of these airlines.

Maybe you should post on Yammer how CX better be careful before all their pilots get sponsored visas from the US Legacies, Air Profit! It would be par for the course with the rest of the garbage on there.