PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 2017 Pilot earning
View Single Post
Old 2nd Feb 2018, 08:15
Globally Challenged

Received 9 Likes on 1 Post
BizJet FO

Living in UK crewing 2 aircraft based outside UK (type rating for this and all previous aircraft paid by employer)

£65k basic + DIS + LOL + up to 5% pension match + private medical (with small extra fee to include my kids) + healthy per diem system ... (based purely on claim with no receipts so unscrupulous could - if so inclined - use this an an extra income source as max average 'claim' is £85 per day which is paid free of tax)

Generous internal freelance rate when flying other company aircraft of £750 per day (I've had 7-8 days of this in the last tax year - although have been offered more I was busy with family etc - I send this all direct to my pension)

Takehome artificially low at £3031 as I have substantial salary sacrifice arrangements so £1558 per month going to pension (including employer contribution)

All expenses paid (except travel to/from the UK office) including nice taxi to/from UK airports before positioning, staying in Marriott / Hilton or better (airline and hotel points coming out of my ears so holidays are CHEAP!!)

Typically on standby for 3/4 of the month and actually away from home for around 10-14 days on average (usually only 2-3 days at a time)

Fly 200-250 hours a year around Europe and Asia with a nice bunch of guys and girls on well maintained & commercially operated aircraft with a very nice bunch of passengers.

Pretty happy with the above as I have a pretty good quality of life while saving for the future and get to spend loads of time with my young family in the UK.