PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Cadets grounded?
View Single Post
Old 1st Feb 2018, 16:16
Rigga

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Wander00
Is Facebook a legally recognise conduit for safety critical information? Just asking
That's quite a good question - and the answer is that it depends on your needs and whatever it is that you describe as legal.

In my opinion there is no legal requirements for any safety-related information page. Using a FB Page is as legal as any police notepad, closed website or service codebook. The use of a suitable forum may only need to be a procedural requirement (if written into procedures)

I was once part of an international group of companies that required me to join FB to discuss flight safety issues and processes for 400+ aircraft and 5000 personnel across 13 quite diverse states. I had never been on FB before, but became a user quite quickly as it helps keep in touch with distant extremes of our families. I still use it.

The XXX Flight Safety Forum worked well for a while but ceased when taken over by another company that did the same thing in another, more expensive, way. Possibly more secure, but certainly a lot more expensive!

A secure FB page is simple to set up, easy to secure and monitor, easy (for permitted people) to access from the widest variety of portable devices and easy to quickly share information and also to discuss issues with a fair amount of privacy.