PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Primera Air
Thread: Primera Air
View Single Post
Old 1st Feb 2018, 10:40
daz211

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Skipness One Echo
I will pleasantly surprised if they're still operating into 2019 given they've bought the by now famous airliners.net Magic Route Planning Dartboard of Strategy.
They're going to need (more than) a fair amount of capital to get them into next summer because 2018 is all about costs and market share, and from what I can see, yields will be somewhat challenging.....
Launching a niche route BHX-BOS then almost immediately dropping it in favour of another niche route STN-IAD doesn't inspire confidence, certainly not in potential investors (!) I will happily and freely apologise and eat my words if this all works, I was d eventually delighted to be wrong about both FR and EZY but I would have huge concerns around booking with these guys.
I’m kind of with you on this but kind of not at the same time.
I’m sure they have a plan and must know what they are doing however if it was me making the decisions I would have put all my eggs in one basket which is Stansted I would not have chosen Birmingham or Paris and concentrated everything into Stansted I would have started with China and India as I wouldn’t be going up against Norwegian I hope they do well and lead the way into longhaul at Stansted I’m sure the short haul flights are going to be used as a massive advertising platform for longhaul and with the B739max aircraft due next year I’m sure we will see lots more interesting routes announced over the next few months I wish them all the best and hope the problems at Birmingham don’t affect booking and confidence to much.