PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Old aviation stuff wanted for charity.
View Single Post
Old 22nd Sep 2003, 16:36
Whirlybird

The Original Whirly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Old aviation stuff wanted for charity.

I've just signed up to do a 5-day camel trek across the Gobi Desert next year. To do this I need to raise £2500 for the Blue Cross, who rescue abandoned and illtreated animals, and also provide free veterinary treatment for pet owners on low incomes. I've paid a £300 registration fee, and donated £500 of my own money; that should cover costs, so all donations after that will go to straight to the charity.

That's where I hope you lot come in. I have a source for selling old and out-of-date aviation stuff - charts, flight guides, books...anything at all really. It's primarily collectors and sim enthusiasts, and they'll buy virtually anything. You don't really need last year's Pooley's, do you? So rather than throw the stuff away, or leave it cluttering up the house, can you please send it to me? If so, send me a PM and I'll give you my address - I'd rather not post that here.

Of course, straightforward donations are equally acceptable - if not more so!

BRL, I hope this isn't breaking any rules, and...any chance of making it a sticky for a bit?

Comments as to my sanity or otherwise concerning the camel trek are not required.

Last edited by Whirlybird; 17th Oct 2003 at 17:00.