PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Leap & CFM56
Thread: Leap & CFM56
View Single Post
Old 1st Feb 2018, 08:30
Yan104

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think Skyjob that the military market for a manufacturer of civil aircraft does not produce to my knowledge of fighter jets is a niche market with limited outlets ... That said I do not know how many copies were ordered P8A-Poseidon by the USAF or if they will be successful with other countries than the USA ...
As for the 737NGs, I have no idea how many copies are in circulation in the world today and how many will continue to come out of Boeing's mills until the complete shutdown of their chain, and I think it's these numbers that will condition the maintein on the market CFM56-7, not to mention also the A320 family ... I do not know if the Neo version will only be equipped with Leap or could also integrate the CFM56-7 (I think it there is a specific version called "Tech Solution" for these aircraft) in addition to the PW1100 G ... Anyway the CFM56 will obviously still be there for decades! ... And it is also a certainty that from my discussions here: the 737-MAX can only take Leap 1B unless the manufacturer decides later and once the PW 1100 G has gained reliability to integrate it into its catalog ...

tdracer, I thank you for your explanation of the second-hand engine market. The management of the fleet of engines must still be quite complex in companies whose fleet is diversified with the short, medium and long-haul poles ... To be able to evaluate the number of engines "tanks" of spare parts for each type of aircraft, it is necessary that the maintenance service of the company has a complete history of the maximum lifetimes of each element of turbo-machines observed to their use over years !! ... For the medium-haul fleet concerned by the CFM56, I think it should analyzed the various uses made of the 737 or A320 and the cyclic constraints imposed on the engines, for example on lines of short and medium radius action. Do not you think that lines of short radius action with high frequencies of flight are more difficult for the engines of a plane than the lines of medium range (between 2:30 and 5 hours maximum flight), because of closer take-off cycles?
It is true that both aircraft manufacturers and engine manufacturers are starting to develop their after-sales services considerably, with the operational monitoring of their machines at their customers, both in terms of diagnostics and maintenance service offerings. and I am reassured that they are the ones who oversee the engine rental market: but how is concretly evaluated the cost of using each of the parts rented for the engines, or possibly the rental of the entire engine?

And what about the use of 3D machines for the autonomous production of spare parts for which the production of manufacturers has stopped? What potential problems can this pose?